BEFORE ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU SHOULD READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT GRANTED PERMISSION BY GLOBAL INVESTOR SERVICES LC TO ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SITE. ACCORDINGLY, PLEASE EXIT THIS SITE.
GLOBAL INVESTOR SERVICES LC User Agreement
Welcome to the web site (also referred to as the “Site”) owned and operated by Global Investor Services LC (“GIS”). This Agreement contains the terms, covenants, conditions, and provisions (the “Terms and Conditions”) upon which you (also referred to herein as “User”) may access and use this Site.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing, viewing, or using this Site, you indicate that you understand and intend these Terms and Conditions to be the legal equivalent of a signed, written contract and equally binding, and that you accept such Terms and Conditions and agree to be legally bound by them. Please note that GIS reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions under which this Site and its many offerings are extended to you. Your continued use of this Site following such modifications will be conclusively deemed acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
1. Grant of License. This Agreement provides you with a personal, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use this Site conditioned on your continued compliance with the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement You may print and download materials and information on this Site solely for personal and noncommercial use, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information. Notwithstanding the foregoing and except as otherwise expressly permitted herein, you may not modify, create derivatives of, copy, distribute, broadcast, transmit, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, “deep link” or otherwise use any information or material obtained from or through this Site. As a further condition of use of this Site, you warrant to GIS that you will not use this Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Intellectual Property Rights. All material contained on this Site, unless otherwise indicated, is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws and regulations. Except as expressly provided herein, GIS does not grant any express or implied right to you. Please be aware that GIS actively and aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. GIS International and all other names, logos, and icons Identifying GIS and/or GIS’s products and services are proprietary marks of GIS and are used by GIS with permission. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their
4. Assumption of Risk. You use the Internet solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. While GIS has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this Site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, GIS and its affiliates are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. You assume the sole and complete risk for using this Site.
5. Enforcing Security. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. For your protection, GIS reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Site without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with the investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on the Site. GIS will also comply with all court orders involving requests for such information.
6. Links to Other Sites. GIS may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information and services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by GIS and are maintained by third parties over which GIS exercises no control. Accordingly, GIS expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third party web sites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement of any third party or any web site or the products or services provided by any third party,
7. Events Beyond GIS Control. You expressly absolve and release GIS from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond GIS’s control, including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
8. DISCLAIMERS. WHILE GIS ENDEAVORS TO PROVIDE THE MOST ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE MATERIALS AVAILABLE, THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. MOREOVER, GIS MAY MAKE MODIFICATIONS AND/OR CHANGES IN THIS SITE OR IN THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS. AND SERVICES DESCRIBED IN THIS SITE AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON. YOU ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF MAKING USE AND/OR RELYING ON THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS. AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE. GIS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, LEGALITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES DESCRIBED OR CONTAINED ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON INFRINGEMENT. GIS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND NEED NOT HONOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS ON THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GIS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE UTILIZATION OF THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT,
STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF GIS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, TOTAL LIABILITY FOR GIS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THIS SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO GIS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PARTICULAR DISPUTE.
9. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless GIS and its affiliates and all of their employees, agents, directors, officers, proprietors, partners, representatives, shareholders, servants, attorneys, predecessors, successors, and assigns, from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses), relating to or arising from your use of the Site or any breach by you of this Agreement.
10. Submissions. GIS also welcomes your feedback and suggestions about how to improve this Site. Any ideas, suggestions, information, know-how, material, or any other content (collectively, “content”) received through this Site, however, will be deemed to include a royally-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license for GIS to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, display, (in whole or part) worldwide, or act on such content without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
11. Governing Law. This Agreement has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with Florida law, as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in Florida. Any action to enforce this Agreement will be brought in the federal or state courts presiding in Miami, Florida, U.S., and all parties to this Agreement expressly agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of such courts. This Site is controlled and operated by GIS from its offices within the United States. GIS makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where any of the contents of this Site are illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access this Site from other locations, you do so on your own volition and are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
12. Term and Termination. This Agreement will take effect at the time you begin using this Site (thereby indicating acceptance of these Terms and Conditions). GIS reserves the right at any time and for any reason to deny you access to the Site or any portion thereof, and to terminate this Agreement. Termination will be effective without notice. 13. Waiver. Failure to insist on strict performance of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. No waiver by GIS of any right under these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be either a waiver of any other right or provision or a waiver of that same right or provision at any other time.
14. Severability. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and the liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most clearly matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
15. User/GIS. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and GIS as a result of this Agreement or your utilization of this Site.
Important Note about the Provider:
GLOBAL INVESTOR SERVICES LC
777 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
United States of America
Tel (305) 373-9000
Non-deposit investment products are not insured by the US Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Non-deposit investment products are not deposits or other obligations of, nor are they guaranteed by, GIS.
Non-deposit investment products are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.